- Processes are independent whereas the threads are a subset of the processes.
- More state information is contained in threads whereas the same process state, resources and memory are shared by all the threads contained in that process.
- Address spaces of different processes are different whereas the same address space is also shared by the threads.
- IPC or the inter–process communication is the only medium for the processes to communicate with each other.
- The threads within the same process are switched with context switch which is faster than that of the processes.